- How does Paula correct mistakes in her paintings?
A: She layers
- When Paula Scher embarks on a design she always aims on her design to be what?
- Where did Paula Scher earn her BFA?
A: Teyler’s school of Art
- Why is Paula Scher painting absurd complicated maps?
- What is the name of the company Paula Scher is partner at?
- What is Paula Scher’s favorite typeface?
A: Accident Grotesque
- Sher’s paintings are best described as
A: antidote for the bureaucracy of design
- How did Paula Scher use Bloomberg’s existing company and business functions for design?
A: She designed big numbers that seemed heroic
- For what countries’s rebranding did Paula Scher create a calander?
- Which of the following is not a type of symmetry?
- The Phoenicians developed a system that connected written symbols with…
A: spoken sounds (phoenetics)
- The art of typography is concerned with
A: beauty and utility
- (Glossary) A top of a column is called
- An other name for uneven column bottoms
A: scalloped columns
- When executed well similitude can create community and result in a design that is
- Planning a consistent environment is one of the most important aspects of a designer’s
- Gestalt (???)
- Different from simple similarity elements Gestalt is a ……
- A consistent deep space at the top of a page is the definition of what?
A: Head sink age
- Dominance is closely related to……
- Using space to create…..
- What term did Dwiggens coin?
A: Graphic Design
- Color aids organization, gives emphasis and….
A: divides direction
- What is it called if all design elements are in agreement?
- What are Hues?
A: colors like red, green, yellow (distinct colors)
- What are the two most useful tools to create unity white space and
A: consistent use of type
- Which of the below is not a way to develop an environment of similiarity
A: always use margins and gutters among design elements
- What is Wulfgang Wijngardt’s point of view (?????)
A: the investigation of elementary issues
- Overall balance lacks all but…..
- You need to make important elements stand out by working on unity and contrast
- Colors that are next to each other are called
A: Analogues colors
- A design will be uneventful an uncommunicative without
35. What is a gutter?
A: space between columns and pages in a bonded item
- What is the goal of a graphic design project?
A: play with space
- When we talk about balance what do we mean?
A: state of equalized tension
- There are how many ways to develop an environment of similarity?
- Gestalt is a german term to describe
- Baseline is an invisible line where….. on sit